What Susan Does
Susan transforms individuals and teams using Discovery Based Leadership™ that starts on the inside.
- Discover Competencies: Performs individual Emotional and Social Intelligence (EQ) Competency Assessments to identify strengths. Develops employee’s competencies to create and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Discover Unknown Obstacles: Finds and neutralizes barriers to success in relationships, communication, and daily practices.
- Discover Cultural Consciousness: Investigates and adjusts messages you’re sending employees, clients, and customers in daily routines. An engaged workplace is guided by values-based behavior where wise leaders encourage participation and work-life integration.
- Discover Work and Life Story: Builds strong relationships and teams with a narrative that shows employees’ present and future roles in the company.
- Discover Relational Leadership: Fosters teamwork and collaboration by providing leadership insight. Counsels leadership with a humanistic approach to communication designed to provide mindful, respectful and relational dialogue promoting trust and transparency.
Susan Soares has more than 25 years of experience in retail management and executive leadership, training professional teams in organizational effectiveness through competency assessment and development.
Susan was principally responsible for guiding the national expansion and operation of ALEX AND ANI retail locations as Vice President of Retail, resulting in unparalleled growth within five years.
At ALEX AND ANI, Susan was continually challenging herself and the field of more than 900 associates to rethink what it means to be an engaged team member.
As a Leadership Consultant and accredited emotional and social intelligence practitioner, Susan focuses on the human side of leadership in the workplace, identifying how people achieve and how they can reach their full potential.
Susan holds an AS degree in Retail Management and a BA in Organizational Leadership from Roger Williams University. Susan, an accomplished public speaker, has spoken at local and national conferences and participated in panel discussions on business topics including how women can overcome obstacles and flourish in leadership roles, and the pitfalls and keys to organizational growth.